Transition to Practice (Education) Manager
South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust
Danai Spania Papageorgiou,
On all occasions, the workshops were professional and presented in a friendly, lively and down-to-earth manner using language and techniques to engage each person in the group. Feedback from the team is always ten out of ten. Any sort of learning or training is best when it is enjoyed and people can see a practical benefit in both their professional and personal lives – and this certainly is the case with the disability awareness programmes we have experienced with Beans Training.
Regional Director of Learning & Development – The Set Hotels
Hotel Cafe Royal
Only days after receiving the training our first partially deaf member attended our club and it was incredible seeing some of our volunteers using their newfound basic sign language knowledge and communication techniques to get to know her better! We really learned how we can better place ourselves to succeed in providing the best quality of care for our members and the most enjoyable experience for members and volunteers alike. Hats off to Beans!
Warwick Youth Phab
Stacey Stockwell is, by far, the most engaging trainer that I have come across, so incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about equipping people with the skills for effective communication. Stacey’s sessions are very interactive – definitely no ‘’Death by PowerPoint’’. I have watched our employees during training sessions and every one of them has been completely engaged in the learning process. Many have contacted me after the training wanting to know how and when they can learn more and they comment how much the training will help them both in their personal and work life.
Two words sum up their Disability Awareness Training – ‘’Totally Brilliant’’!
Group H&S/Food Safety Advisor
Edwardian Hotels London
All delegate feedback following a week of in-house training within the London Ambulance Service. Beans Training provided the training on the Thursday, where Stacey delivered and fitted both our Effective Communication and Presentation Skills courses in one day.
- Stacey was fantastic at getting the class involved and getting the key messages across. Fantastic day!
- Disability awareness fantastic. I learned so much.
- This was genuinely one of the best days of training I have ever had. Stacey is an inspirational teacher and gave us so much useful info that is so, so relevant, both to practice on the road and delivering public education.
- Disability and making this group of patients have better care from my work and also those whom I teach. That is what this session achieved.
- Excellent, passion, enthusiasm, care ... was infectious and learned a number of things that now seem obvious once we know them. Everyone in the Service should be able to do this day please!
- Must watch ‘Come Dine with Me.’ Eddie Izzard eat your heart out. Very entertaining and informative.
- Wow – just wow.
- Excellent and thoroughly enjoyable day. Highlight of the course as gained greater learning, understanding of effective communication skills when dealing with deaf, blind, disabled persons. Needs to be taught throughout LAS.
- Absolutely fantastic, amazing day, all staff should have this!
- Amazing day, learnt lots from the session and great interaction.
- LOVED Thursday – very energising / informative. Incredible speaker. Learnt a massive amount about everything I was doing wrong in communication with those with disabilities. Should be mandatory.
- The day with Anita and Stacey was good. I learnt a lot about disabilities that I didn’t know, because they shared a lot of personal experiences.
- Thursday’s session with Stacey was a personal highlight for me. I really enjoyed the week, meeting new people and learning with a great group of colleagues with a variety of experience.
- The process of having the right amount of time to practice and change (day 2 and day 5 e.g.). Personality traits and making the most of them.
- Stacey and effective communication, but also many smaller points that can not only improve my efforts in public education but as a clinician on the road.
- The general feeling and enthusiasm from all parties.
- The Effective Communication day.
- Everything. If I really had to choose it would be Thursday, closely followed by Monday. Really can’t express enough what a valuable course this was.
- Stacey Stockwell is great! It was a really interesting course – enjoyed her style – would love to see how Stacey dealt with diversity awareness.
- Stacey is great! Easy to learn from her and her personal experiences. Very passionate about what she is teaching.
- Loved it, loved it, loved it! Interactive, interesting, actually mesmerising talk and hit every point. A+++.
- Brilliant session, very vibrant. Very good presenter and very interesting subject.
- Presentation offered really, really useful examples and shared experiences from points of view that you do not always get to hear. More members of staff should get this training.
- Thoroughly enjoyed the day. Stacey was great at involving everyone and teaching some very useful things about presenting to an audience.
- Inspiring, engaging and very relevant.
- Excellent day. The Stacey and Anita team are great.
- Stacey was fantastic. So enthusiastic and motivating. Made me think about so many issues. Made me want to learn BSL and work with the blind and deaf etc.
- Excellent external speaker. I would have also liked to cover presentation skills further. Wish the day was longer!
- Excellent day. Great training team and extremely informative. Good confidence builder/ booster.
London Ambulance Service
About a month ago I was asked by a friend if I would like to volunteer at the Parallel Push/Run festival at the Queen Elizabeth Park. When I was informed it would include people with a wide range of disabilities, and abilities, and that I would be communicating with them for the day, I began to realise that I really hadn't spent much time with people who live slightly differently than me, and started to wonder if a positive nature would be enough to appropriately communicate with everyone involved.... And then Beans came to the rescue. We were equipped with a series of training videos that aimed to help us understand the clearest, and most respectful, ways to communicate with people who use their senses slightly differently. From the first video I was hooked. The initial feeling I got from Stacey, the presenter, was reassuringly that it was not my 'fault' that I did not have these communication skills yet but that she was there to help. That my 'ignorance' was due to simply not having been taught. The videos were by no means delivered in a lecturing way, but very humanely, and almost downplayed that this was any kind of separate and therefore laborious skill to learn. They were fairly pitched as more of just an extension of the communication tools we already use, and that those who uses their senses differently are really not as difficult to communicate with as we think. We covered all sorts of different disabilities, from those who are limited with sight and hearing to those whose disabilities are slightly less visible, how these people adapt and most importantly, what they need from us to make them feel equal and avoid them feeling unnecessarily excluded. The course was presented in such a way that I got an insight into people's lives that I'd never had before. It was a truly valuable process. I am now moving onto more courses with Beans and will be pushing their material to all I know! Thank you to everyone at Beans for all you are doing!'
Volunteer Work Shop Manager, Parallel Event 2016
Feedback from Renaisi delegates on our Disability Awareness Course
· Amazing stuff, right informative!
· You two are good folk!!! Nice one!!!
· Brilliant day!
· Fantastic workshop, would definitely recommend it
· Very informative and relaxed
· I thought the training was excellent. I was kept interested and the two ladies were brilliant and really knowledgeable
· I think this was a very helpful area to receive training in
· Brilliant. Excellent session with a very clear delivery.
· Very informative
· Excellent training
· Excellent and kept me interested and focussed
· Very useful, great session, very interesting and fun
· Very very very good session